Happy Thursday everyone! It is almost Fri-Yay, and you know what that means? Cheat day! So we have been doing Tone It Up's 31-day challenge...but if you are anything like us, those sugar cravings are still lurking around. Instead of totally undoing any progress we have made, we decided to give a cookie mug recipe a try. Its just enough to kick the craving, without packing in all the calories.
Image from justputzing.com
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 6 minutes
Yield: 1 large cookie
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 tablespoon raw sugar
1 tablespoon firmly-packed brown sugar
3 drops pure vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup whole grain flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
Just a few chocolate chips
1. In ramekin or mug, add coconut oil and soften in microwave for 5 seconds
2. Add sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and egg yolk; mix together with fork.
3. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Texture should be consistency you would expect for cookie dough.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Place in microwave and cook at high heat for 40 to 60 seconds. Serve warm and enjoy!
Guccione Design Concepts