Hi friends, happy Thursday!
I made a batch of peppermint bark last night with this SUPER easy recipe and its delish, so I had to share with all of you.
8 oz. Peppermint candies or candy canes (I used approx. 2 candy canes per batch)
12 oz. Dark chocolate chips
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
12 oz. White chocolate (Ghirardelli is straight up the best.)
1/2 tsp peppermint oil (or peppermint extract)
1. Smash the peppermint candies in a zip-loc bag using a rolling pin. (Or use a food processor to really grind up the candies.)
2. Mix the dark chocolate chips with the oil in a large, microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave in 3o second intervals, stirring at each interval until heated 1 1/2 minutes-2 minutes.
4. Spread the melted dark chocolate in an even layer on a small parchment lined baking sheet (I prefer one with small edges)
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until chocolate is firm to the touch.
6. Combine the peppermint oil with the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
7. Microwave white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until smooth and easy to pour.
8. Pour the white chocolate over the chilled dark chocolate. You can either spread it evenly over it, or you can get creative and drizzle it on.
9. Sprinkle the crushed peppermint candies over the white chocolate.
10. Refrigerate for another 30 mins or until all chocolate is firm to the touch.
11. Break up the bark into irregular pieces. It will keep at room temperature for several weeks...if you don't eat it all first!
I wrapped mine up to give away with cute little gift tags that were also a DIY. Perfect personalized treat for all of those special people in your life.
We hope you enjoyed our recipe share!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from GDC.